Working Student in Quality Assurance
Who are we?
Vanilla Steel is a digital B2B platform serving the European metal industry with data and innovation with the mission of simplifying how steel and other metals are traded today.
We are a team of passionate tech entrepreneurs that combine more than 50 years of digital experiences with a passion for solving existing challenges through digitization.
We are looking for a Working Student in Quality Assurance to join our tech and product team in building a world-class product.
It is an exciting time to join Vanilla Steel as we are rapidly growing our business operations and are offering a challenging but rewarding work environment with a steep learning curve.
The role is based in Berlin.
What are your responsibilities?
As a Working Student in Quality Assurance, you will take ownership of Quality Assurance in our product development lifecycle. Specifically, you will:
- Work closely with the Product Management team to perform Quality Assurance for new features and test existing functionality
- Design and develop target-oriented test cases
- Carry out tests using various methods
- Perform database enquiries to validate test data
- Document test results and existing software components
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team, comprising product managers, product designers, software developers and operations managers
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- You are enrolled at a university for a full-time degree in Software Development or Data Science or any other quantitative field and have at least 1 more year to study
- You have a strong affinity for for IT, QA and Data
- First QA and software testing experience
- Knowledge of Agile software development and web based application testing
- High degree of quality awareness, abstraction skills and independence
- Ambitious, results-oriented and target-driven mentality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English
- Student position for 10h-20h per week
- Contribution on the long-run as a fully-fledged team member
- International work environment, flexible working hours, work from home policy
- First hand experience with an exciting Berlin tech startup on a steep growth curve
- Work closely with an experienced team, keen to train and invest in you
- Open and fun shared working environment/culture
- Competitive compensation