Office Manager (People Ops)
Vanilla Steel is a new digital B2B platform serving the European steel industry supported by data and innovation with the mission of simplifying how steel and other metals are traded today. We offer an e-auction platform where sellers list new material weekly and buyers can bid for it.
We are a team of passionate tech entrepreneurs that combine more than 50 years of digital experiences with a passion for solving existing challenges through digitization.
It is an exciting time to join Vanilla Steel as we recently raised financing from the best European VCs to grow our team and expand our business.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who will join our team as an Office Manager to work closely with the Founders and a motivated team to join an exciting fast growing start-up at an early stage.
The role will be based in Berlin.
As Office Manager, you will be responsible for welcoming and onboarding new employees, employer branding, supervising regional projects and general management of the office. You will enable our people to do their best work while efficiently building operational excellence. You will be the glue that keeps the team together and the oil that keeps this machine running smoothly. Your tasks will include:
- Create and execute an amazing onboarding experience
- Provide new hires with access to systems and tools
- Document HR Practices and create a FAQ for team members
- Create and execute an off-boarding experience that is worthy of Vanilla Steel
- Serve as the first line of contact for all team member inquiries
- Promote our values and culture
- Support Talent Acquisition efforts through ATS optimization, reporting, and scheduling interviews when necessary
- Collaborate with Hiring Managers to understand and implement the hiring plan for each job requisition
- Ensure candidates receive timely, thoughtful, and engaging messaging throughout the hiring process
- Help manage candidate traffic for all roles
- Organizing day to day office operations and social events
- Overseeing stock of office supplies and managing post
- Organizing travel bookings for all members of the team
- Managing Health, Safety and Security within the office
- Ensure cleanliness and employee comfort in the office space
- Scheduling for management team when necessary
- Assist with and complete ad hoc projects, reporting, and tasks
- People Operations and/or Office Management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic, passionate & positive people person who lives and breathes organization
- Calmness under pressure, can effectively prioritize, multitask and manage time
- Exceptional organization skills and strong attention to detail with a keen eye for accuracy
- Emotional intelligence
- Superior problem-solving skills and the ability to be empathetic
- Join an exciting Berlin tech startup on a steep growth curve building the digital infrastructure of the steel industry
- Work closely with an experienced team of entrepreneurs
- Unrivaled autonomy and ownership on projects and deliverables
- Open and fun shared working environment/culture
- Competitive compensation